Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RSS Feeds & Google Reader

I have been using Google Reader for years and years now. I absolutely love it. It's neat to categorize the blogs I subscribe to and have them all in one place! That makes it super easy to read everything I am subscribed to all at one time. I have been following a few library, instructional design, and elearning blogs for a while, but I will just write about a couple of ones I found that are pretty cool.

I found iLibrarian through some other blogs I had been reading. I really like the fact that it about how libraries are trying to keep up with the new technology and everything that is happening with libraries transforming to being online. iLibrarian also tells the reader how to use the technology that is out there for the library's benefit. For example, there is a post about how to use Pinterest for a Business. It pulls ideas from other blogs to give new and innovative ideas to librarians and people in general.

I also have an interest in elearning. I found the elearnspace blog when I first started graduate school and it has been eye opening. This blog focuses on the open courses for anyone to view and the pros and cons of the courses. This post is about the future of education and how it will be with the openness of education and how to analyze students. I may not agree with everything on the blog, but it is a good way to get me thinking about education and where its future will be.

Here are the URLs for the blogs if you didn't click on the links in the post. iLibrarian: http://oedb.org/blogs/ilibrarian/ and elearnspace: http://www.elearnspace.org/blog/.


No comments:

Post a Comment