Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Twitter

I never thought I would get a Twitter account. I have other social media sites to keep track of, why would I need another one?


After playing around with Twitter for a while, I enjoyed finding libraries, news stations, and TV shows to follow. It's nice to have one place to get updates (it's like Google Reader, but more condensed). I have not started following my friends and family that have Twitter, but I am sure once I get more into "tweeting," I will have more conversations with them via Twitter. It's also nice to keep my profile and tweets private.


Once I got over the fact I didn't want a Twitter account, I found that Twitter isn't that bad. And I actually enjoy reading the headlines and fun facts from my favorite sources.


I think Twitter is a great way for libraries to get information about events or cool news out to huge amounts of people in a very short time. As long as the library has a lot of followers, it can use Twitter for its benefit. I know I would love to know what's going on with libraries and what events are happening at the library.


Tweet Tweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment